Before starting your ocean journey, you must be prepared with some essential equipment. The main stuff to carry while exploring the depths of the Ocean can be Water Breathing Potion. As we all know, In Minecraft the game character can’t be in water for too long.
A player will start to lose health when he/ she is in the Ocean or water for too long. In that case, Water Breathing Potion can be a game-changer for you.
Today we are going to know about the water-breathing potion, its purpose of the water-breathing potion, and how you can brew it.
Purpose of Water Breathing Potion
Just by the name you can get some idea about this potion. Yes, the Water Breathing Potion grants you the ability to breathe underwater for a long interval of time, while you are exploring the Ocean Monument or the Shipwrecks.
You can also use the Turtle Shell as an alternative to the Water Breathing Potion when you don’t have enough ingredients to brew it. The difference between them is that the water-breathing potion allows more intervals of time underwater than the Turtle Shell.
We have already covered the recipe for the Turtle Shells in:
Ingredients Required to Make the Water Breathing Potion
Here is the list of ingredients to make the Water Breathing Potion:-
- Brewing Stand
- Blaze Powder
- Nether Wart (for awkward potion)
- Water Bottles
- Pufferfish (main ingredient)
- Redstone Dust (To extend the timing of the potion’s effect)
- Gunpowder (for splash version of Water Breathing Potion)
Brewing Stand, Nether Wart, and Blaze Rods are already covered in the brewing guide of Minecraft
Pufferfish is a kind of aquatic animal in Minecraft. which you can obtain from the deep Oceans.
There are two certain ways to obtain Pufferfish in the Minecraft:-
- Use Buckets to catch the Pufferfish. This is the easiest way to catch one but you have to search a little for the Pufferfish as it can be a tedious task.
To craft a bucket, arrange the ingredients like the image given below;
- Using Fishing Rods to catch Pufferfish can be a more effortless task than using the Bucket. Make sure to have a fishing rod with these Enchantments: Luck of the Sea and Lure.
Note: Keep in mind while trying to catch Pufferfish. Pufferfish are poisonous aquatic animals, which means if you try to go near them to catch them, they will soon inflate themselves and leave you with the poison effect.
To prevent the poison effect given by the Pufferfish, use the Enchanted Fishing Rods.
How to make Water Breathing Potion
To do so, follow these simple steps mentioned below:-
- Refuel your Brewing Stand, by using Blaze Rods.
- Place the water bottles filled with water into their respective slots.
- Use Nether Wart to make the Awkward Potion before brewing the water-breathing potion.
- Use the Pufferfish to make the Water Breathing Potion.
- To extend the timing of the Water Breathing Potion’s effect, add Redstone Dust.
- To create the Splash version of the Water Breathing Potion, add Gunpowder.
Shivanshu is a hardcore passionate gamer who has loved gaming since childhood. He will now guide you based on his experience through Gamer Queries. After completing his journey on Clash of Clans and Minecraft now he is trying to make the other players improve the game.